Saturday, June 27, 2009

Saturday night's alright for sweating...

Apologies to Elton John for misappropriating his lyrics there, but damn is it hot today.

It's Saturday night. I've spent a day teaching my adult students (without breakfast this morning to boot). I went shopping for some necessities (Lucas got his first taste of Lego-like blocks!). Now I'm sitting in my apartment at almost 11PM drenched to the core because it's 32°C (75% humidity – humidex calculation says it feels like 47°C!) and my apartment is being "cooled" by a single room-sized air conditioner off in the corner of a single bedroom.

Welcome to summer in Wuhan, one of the "Three Hells Furnaces" of China. (The other two are Nanjing and Chongqing.)

And it isn't even July yet!

1 comment:

Hildrun said...

We have 12 degrees this morning. How about sharing?