Sunday, February 14, 2010

Amazing service.

Try and get this kind of service out of Canada Post!

On the 13th of February I got a phone call saying that I had a parcel and the truck with it was waiting outside the gate for me to get it (instead of dropping it off inside the campus post office). Let me list the ways in which this was amazing:

  1. They phoned me to tell me the package was there. Now to be fair my mobile phone number is on the address label, but I'd bet that if you mailed something in Canada with a mobile phone number you wouldn't get called. Canada Post doesn't offer that service.
  2. The mail truck waited for me to go get it instead of dropping it off inside the campus.
  3. February the 13th was a Saturday.
  4. February the 13th is also Spring Festival Eve, a holiday that involves, basically, 99.44% of the country shutting down.
If you want to know what this feels like in terms of pleasant surprises, consider getting a parcel on Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, New Year's Eve and Good Friday all rolled into one. On a weekend.

1 comment:

LauraHelen said...

What was in the package - was it worth it?